Friday, May 23, 2014

Two Days

Tomorrow morning, my plane will touch down in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.  This will be followed by a long drive into the mountains, to my Melania's community, where I will finally be reunited with her the following day.  Two days.  That's all that's left until we are together again, after almost a year of praying.  I am traveling with a team of eight other sponsors (including Bella), all who sponsor children in Melania's community.  We will spend the week in the community teaching the gospel to over 200 children at the sponsorship center, taking our own sponsored children out for a fun day of swimming and lunch at a restaurant, visiting their homes, and celebrating Melania's quinceanera (15th birthday).  Not to mention all of the unplanned opportunities we have been praying over before we even see them.  God has already thrown some into the mix, which I will write about in coming days.   I am constantly reminding myself of one of the best pieces of advice regarding ministry that I've ever been given: Go empty.  No specific expectations.  Let God fill your week with whatever He has.  I know it will be abundantly more than I can ask or think.

Whether you followed my first journey to Honduras, or whether you're brand new, I am excited to share this next chapter with you!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your time with the people that really needs help in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear all about it-especially Melania's quinceanera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am attempting to start the blogs tonight.

    ReplyDelete